Bad News

28 Sep

Hello Jewels,

Part of blogging consists of revealing the good and the bad. Unfortunately today is one of those days. My husband woke up this morning drenched in sweat and coughing uncontrollably, and to top it off he had a business obligation to attend to very early in the morning, and it just so happened to be in the city where the museum that is selling our jewelry is located. I had planned on going with him to follow-up with the museum, but after my husband woke up to this it was mandatory that I go to make sure he was okay and help him with the drive. Luckily he conquered the business matter like the warrior he is which happened to be a very lengthily process that I witnessed. I was also able to follow-up with the museum. Sadly the day didn’t get better.

Our dog Mocha had her yearly check-up yesterday and underwent surgery last year for mammary tumors to be removed, thank God they were benign, however I had noticed excessive skin right after the surgery which I brought to the attention of the doctor which she said, “it was due to the surgery and that it should go away.” Deep down I knew that she had missed some of the tumor, either way there is no way Mocha could have undergone another surgery right after the first surgery. To make a long story short I received a phone call today from her telling me that Mocha will have to have the excessive skin removed again. Her doctors sounds very optimistic because Mocha’s blood work was negative and clear of any issues, but like any good Doctor or Vet they do not like to see any excessive skin on the body. The surgery is scheduled for next week and I am flying to see my family in California for our father’s 65th birthday. Unfortunately my husband will not be going with me for business purposes, and although he keeps assuring me that he will be fine with Mocha and the surgery I am left in confusion whether to postpone the surgery until I get back.

What would you all do?

I know that I have to remain faithful, and leave it to God, and although I keep hearing him telling me that, “this too shall pass,” I can’t help to be still left in confusion about my decision.

In despair,
Monica

10 Responses to “Bad News”

  1. cravingforbarneys September 28, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

    I’m so sorry 😦 I think it’s better not to postpone the surgery, you husband will take care of Mocha and she will be fine!

    • essentjewels September 29, 2012 at 12:27 am #

      Thank you for always taking the time to read our posts, you are such a sweetheart, and we would love to meet you in person one day.

      I’m sure you are even more beautiful in person, we need more people like you on this earth!

  2. sparklypinklemons September 28, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

    Sorry to hear that! 😕. Prayers for recovery !

    • essentjewels September 29, 2012 at 12:27 am #

      Awe, thanks hon, that means the world to me!

  3. Carolia September 29, 2012 at 2:55 am #

    Sister sorry to hear the bad news. But you married your husband for a reason. Mocha will be in good and in Gods hands. I know she will be fine . Love you all!

    • essentjewels September 29, 2012 at 3:56 am #

      Awe, thanks sis I’m going to call the doctor part of me is telling me I need to postpone it.

      Luv you,
      MB

  4. The Healthy Flavor September 29, 2012 at 4:23 am #

    I’m so sorry to hear about your poor doggy. I sure hope Mocha turns out okay. I would do what you have the most peace about…that is how God speaks to us. That’s what I rely on…that “knowing” that you feel. Even when we are scared, we can still have peace with what we are to do. God bless.

    • essentjewels September 29, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

      Thanks for your comment hon, and you are absolutely right, I’m about to call her Vet now, and if she is okay with waiting a couple of weeks until I come back then that is what I will do. I just hate to leave my husband with that much irresponsibility although I know he can handle it, I believe we should be going through it together last time it was extremely challenging although this surgery won’t be as sever since they are only removing a small piece as opposed to the last which removed the entire chest.

      Thanks again for you comment, it nice to hear from people’s suggestions,

  5. Mitzie Mee September 30, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

    Poor, poor Mocha. I hope that she will be fine and recover no matter which option you choose in that horrible dilemma. All my best to her.

    • essentjewels September 30, 2012 at 10:30 pm #

      Awe, thank you very much.

      I decided to postpone until I come back. I spoke to her doctor and she said that would be fine, I don’t want to leave my husband with all the stress.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: